About the Role
Qapital is looking for an Android Developer to join our team in Stockholm. In this role you will help us to advance the overall technical platform, by being involved in everything from coding, testing to publishing new releases. To succeed in this role, you are someone who enjoys taking ownership of the bigger picture. We believe that great ideas come from everywhere, and your contributions will have a real impact on the development of our product. Your development is also very important to us, and with the support from both colleagues and management we want to enable growth here at Qapital.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the architectural design of components used throughout the application forward as well as advocate for technical changes not driven by feature development.
- Lead development projects to completeness. Almost all new code is written in Kotlin.
- Be involved in the TDD or BDD development process.
- Focus on clean code and the use of multiple static analyzing tools.
- Contribute to a friendly and collaborative atmosphere.
Skills and Requirements
- Experience of Android UI development and the implementation of Material Design interfaces, either from past employment or open source projects.
- Experience with RxJava and/or Reactive programming models.
- Genuine interest in making your UI feel fluent and alive.
- Strong background in Java and/or Kotlin.
- Have taken part in building one or more apps.
- Experience with Android Databinding and Model-View-Presenter architecture is a plus.
- Fluent communication skills in English and ability to work across an international organization. (Swedish is not a requirement)
Please feel free to attach any links to GitHub or other resources that you feel we should know about.
Qapital is a new kind of banking experience that empowers people to maximize their happiness by saving, spending, and investing with their goals in mind. By blending behavioral science with technology, Qapital provides people with the tools they need to make managing money easy and fun. Qapital has over 2 million users and 100K+ 5-star ratings. It’s been named “Most Innovative App of the Year” by Google and “Best App for Savings” by Apple.