We are looking for a Backend Developer to join our team in Stockholm. To succeed in this role, you are someone who enjoys taking ownership of the bigger picture. You’re not only interested in developing new features from scratch, but also in being part of the release process, testing and improving the architecture.
This is a chance to work on a product that has already helped users save more than $2 billion towards their financial goals.When you join Qapital, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic fintech environment where you are encouraged to voice your opinions and take part in the decision-making.
In this role, you will
- Build, design and implement new functionality.
- Ensure a high level of quality, usability and maintainability of the code.
- Feel comfortable with learning and using Kotlin for new functionality.
- Work in a cross-fuctional team to create an awesome app that delights our users.
- You will be a part of a tight knit team and have great impact on shaping our product.
Skills and Requirements
- At least 5 years of experience in building scalable backend systems.
- Strong programming (Java) skills with the ability to write and structure code in a readable and maintainable way.
- Experience with Spring Framework or similar.
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a flexible mindset.
- Fluent communication skills in English and ability to work across an international organization.
- Although not required, we value experience from the banking/financial industry, working with high-security applications, and/or working on the front-end side with web or native apps.
Qapital is a new kind of banking experience that empowers people to maximize their happiness by saving, spending, and investing with their goals in mind. By blending behavioral science with technology, Qapital provides people with the tools they need to make managing money easy and fun. Qapital has over 2 million users and 100K+ 5-star ratings. It’s been named “Most Innovative App of the Year” by Google and “Best App for Savings” by Apple.