Qapital is looking for an Android Developer to join our team in Stockholm. In this role you will help us to advance the overall technical platform, by being involved in everything from coding, testing to publishing new releases. This is a chance to work on a product that has already helped users save more than $1 billion towards their financial goals.
Qapital is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. A diverse team is best positioned to truly serve our market by offering a broad range of ideas, abilities and perspectives. When you join Qapital, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic fintech environment where you are encouraged to voice your opinions and take part in the decision-making.
In this role you will
- Drive the architectural design of components used throughout the application forward as well as advocate for technical changes not driven by feature development.
- Lead development projects to completeness. Almost all new code is written in Kotlin.
- Be involved in the TDD or BDD development process.
- Focus on clean code and the use of multiple static analyzing tools.
- Contribute to a friendly and collaborative atmosphere.
Skills and Requirements
- You are someone who enjoys taking ownership of the bigger picture.
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where flexibility and adaptability are key.
- A strong background in Java and/or Kotlin.
- Experience of Android UI development and the implementation of Material Design interfaces, either from past employment or open source projects.
- Experience with RxJava and/or Reactive programming models.
- A genuine interest in making your UI feel fluent and alive.
- Experience with Android Databinding and Model-View-Presenter architecture is a plus.
Qapital is a new kind of banking experience that empowers people to maximize their happiness by saving, spending, and investing with their goals in mind. By blending behavioral science with technology, Qapital provides people with the tools they need to make managing money easy and fun. Qapital has over 2 million users and 100K+ 5-star ratings. It’s been named “Most Innovative App of the Year” by Google and “Best App for Savings” by Apple.