Qapital is looking for a Senior Finance Associate to join our team. This is an opportunity to work with a cutting edge fintech app that has already helped users save nearly $3 billion towards their financial goals! This person will work directly with the CFO and the finance and operations teams to develop and maintain robust financial forecasts and reporting while also working with our data insights team to analyse our user acquisition funnel and evaluate internal metrics, drawing data-driven inferences about our business.
In this role you will
- Partner with company stakeholders to support decision-making by building detailed and dynamic scenario-based financial models to evaluate strategic priorities and alternatives.
- Track, analyse, and report financial performance against budgets and forecasts for various departments and functions; inform the analysis with the story behind the numbers.
- Own and maintain the quality/accuracy of data within models, financial systems, and other materials to support the forecasting, budgeting, and reporting processes.
- Define metrics & reporting tools to improve visibility into performance, and enable more informed business decisions for workplace operations
- Preserve the data integrity and accuracy of the financial budgeting and planning system, models, and materials to ensure linkage between management reports remains intact.
- Identify and analyse key performance indicators, financial trends and variances.
- Perform ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis.
Skills and Requirements
The right person is naturally organized, structured and intrinsically motivated; a doer with great judgment, a great attitude and the ability to embrace ambiguity and achieve goals without knowing the steps involved to get there.
Furthermore, you have:
- 2-3 years of relevant experience at a start-up, investment bank, venture capital/private equity firm, and/or other financial services/fintech company.
- Experience building integrated financial models, analyzing revenue, expenses, cash flows, and the balance sheet, managing budgets / financials, and reporting.
- Ability to understand the company's financial model, business goals and contextualize day-to-day activities within both the vision of the business and within the industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a willingness to proactively work with functions across the company.
- Highly organized, independent, and self-motivated; commitment to delivering consistently accurate and high-quality work product.
- Impressive time management skills and a keen ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks while hitting deadlines on time-sensitive projects and being detail-oriented.
Qapital is a new kind of banking experience that empowers people to maximize their happiness by saving, spending, and investing with their goals in mind. By blending behavioral science with technology, Qapital provides people with the tools they need to make managing money easy and fun. Qapital has over 2 million users and 100K+ 5-star ratings. It’s been named “Most Innovative App of the Year” by Google and “Best App for Savings” by Apple.