Qapital is looking for a Finance Associate to join our team in Stockholm. This is a chance to work in a dynamic fintech environment, on a product that has already helped users save more than $3 billion towards their financial goals!
About the Role
In this role, your will partner up with our Sweden-based Finance Manager as the second member of the Swedish finance team. You will be the first point of contact for our external accounting partner, making sure that the collaboration is running smoothly. The role will include day-to-day operations as well as financial analysis and building new processes. You will also collaborate with our finance team based on the American east coast. This is a remote-first position where we will need you to come into the Stockholm office around once every other week.
At Qapital, we have an exciting journey ahead of us and as an important role in our finance team, you will get the opportunity to grow with us and take on new responsibilities.
Some of the things you will do:
- Bank reconciliations
- Be the first point of contact for our external accounting partner who is managing accounts payable and accounts receivable as well as payroll
- Participate in monthly closing
- Play a key role in designing and implementing great processes within the finance area
- Prepare financial statements and management reports as well as present them to senior management on a monthly basis
- Be a part of implementing Netsuite
- Support our Finance Manager in preparing the annual report
- Support our Sweden-based Finance Manager in all things related to finance and accounting
Skills and Requirements
To succeed in this role, you have experience in accounting and finance. You thrive in a startup environment and are eager to grow with a business. As a person, you are a true team player. You're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help out where it’s needed and are capable of wearing different hats. Since you will be the second person on the Swedish financial team, we put emphasis on your ability to drive your work independently.
Furthermore, you have:
- A couple of years of experience working in a finance department
- A degree in business administration (or equivalent).
- Good knowledge of the accounting principles and Swedish financial system
- Proficient in Swedish and English, written and spoken.
- Self-motivation and the ability to identify and complete work autonomously.
- Experience with Netsuite is a plus.
- Experience with payroll management is a plus.
Qapital is a new kind of banking experience that empowers people to maximize their happiness by saving, spending, and investing with their goals in mind. By blending behavioral science with technology, Qapital provides people with the tools they need to make managing money easy and fun. Qapital has over 2 million users and 100K+ 5-star ratings. It’s been named “Most Innovative App of the Year” by Google and “Best App for Savings” by Apple.
Note that the organization number for the Swedish organization is 559251-3120.
You choose if you attach a cover letter or not, and whether you choose to attach a cv or if you prefer to link your LinkedIn profile in your application.