Qapital is looking for a Director of User Research to join our team. This is a chance to work on a product that has already helped 2 million users save almost $3 billion towards their financial goals. You will have a key role in creating Qapital's UX research strategy which will help us get closer to our customers and delight our users.
When you join Qapital, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic fintech environment where you are encouraged to voice your opinions and take part in the decision-making.
In this role you will:
- Be the driving force in establishing a research team and implementing a research strategy that fits a small and lean organization, as well as what tools to use.
- Tap into what our users love and integrate user insights into our product development process.
- Collaborate with the product team to define research objectives and formulate research proposals as well as come up with your own.
- Work closely with Product Owners and Stakeholders to understand strategy, discover blockers, ensure quality, and set UX Research prioritization.
- Listen, observe, and ask the right kinds of questions to gather insights that can be turned into actionable ideas.
- Communicate your research findings to the larger team.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 7 years of experience doing UX research.
- Expert-level knowledge in the field of UX Research, you know how to connect with users and have an excellent understanding for when and how to apply different research methods.
- Experience building and setting research strategy that connects with business strategy.
- Proven experience building and managing a high performing UX Research team.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working within consumer-facing products, ideally an app.
- Experience working with analytics, hands-on and/or as a strong partner.
- Furthermore, you are passionate about understanding consumers and know how to translate their needs into useful actionables.
It's a plus if you have:
- A background in both design and data.
- A degree in Cognitive Science, Human Computer Interaction, Behavioral Science or a similar field.
Qapital is a new kind of banking experience that empowers people to maximize their happiness by saving, spending, and investing with their goals in mind. By blending behavioral science with technology, Qapital provides people with the tools they need to make managing money easy and fun. Qapital has over 2 million users and 100K+ 5-star ratings. It’s been named “Most Innovative App of the Year” by Google and “Best App for Savings” by Apple.